Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thou Art My Soulmate

In the days of the yore
Life was a mystery
That no one could unravel
And it was full of mirky misery
With no solace and serenity
Nevertheless, amidst sorrows numberless
I was in search of you
You were standing outside, knocking
But alas! I failed to open the door
You were in me but I was outside
Life was then a mystery profound
With tears and tribulations
Everything was astray indeed
With no peace, hope and comfort
Thrilled was I, when you called me
To live an unending life with you
You have woken me up
From the depth of all miseries
You have showed me a path to walk
A life to live fully and wings to soar high
To the infinite beauties of your soul
You have given me a resting place cozy
Now it is painful to be separated from you
For, you are my soul mate
I need you to commune with you
To love you and embrace you
Be always with me
To guide me safe and sound forever
Look upon me with love
Both in my gains and losses
Forever, you are my changeless friend
And the unconditional lover.
----- ----- ------- ---- ----- ---- ----- ---- -----



Note: This poem was written during the year 2004 while I was a degree student at Govt. College, Mananthavady, Wayanad, Kerala. You will find this poem published in our college annual, which was published under my editorship, for the year2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment