Saturday, January 10, 2015

A special Christmas

I got up very late on this chilled December 25th morning as I am alone in Delhi for Xmas this time. Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad sent me text with wishes on the occasion of 'Good Governance Day' when, being a Christian, I was expecting my government to wish me (and ensure) peace and joy on the occasion of Xmas. 

However, my neighbours, a Bengali-Hindu family, offered me a cup of coffee and a piece of cake knowing that I am alone this time and that has made my day. This kind of gestures strengthen my trust in the inherent goodness of human beings regardless of their caste, colour, creed or religion. And, I also realise that the forces of evil will never be able to damage the secular fabric of this great nation.

Those who rule us may realise that the so called 'Development' and 'Good Governance' is possible only when the rights and freedom of each individual is respected and honoured!

Wishing you all the Peace that this season brings when there is total restlessness around!

Wishing you all happiness when there is nothing much to be happy about!

Merry Christmas!!!!


(This was posted in my Facebook account on 25th December 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment